Monday, October 4, 2010


For school this semester we are reading the "Scarlet Letter". It is a fantastic book compiled of many metaphors and descriptions. It is quite difficult to read at first but once you get used to it it is really beautiful! I am on the Fifteenth Chapter and I cant get enough! I never thought I could love a difficult book so much! It has really helped me to look deeper into things and to find the metaphors in all people do. I have realised many times during the day since the book began that people laugh and smile with thier friends, but as soon as their friends leave a look of sadness or even just indifference comes over them and it makes me feel kinda depressed. The good thing is I read "Catcher in the Rye" right before this and I know that if I let these things depress me to much I will be completely and utterly annihilated. Yeah...like I said...I look WAY deeper into things now.

2 comments:

Megan Bernard said...

I love that book so much! I read it last year and you're right, it does make you think a little deeper about things.

Luker said...

It sure does! Its a great book! I'm on chapter 21 now (only 3 left!!)